Discuss Setting up SolarEdge monitoring Netgear WNCE2001/Homeplugs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
I'd really appreciate some help with setting up monitoring on a SolarEdge system.

Computers aren't my strongest field so I think I'm confusing myself. I've tried setting up with the Netgear WNCE2001 WiFi adaptor but I'm not getting anywhere. What setting should I be using on the SolarEdge inverter?

If someone could help me out in layman's terms then that would be magic :hat::hat:

If it's wired up correctly:p you would need the LAN setting- Turn the switch at the bottom to off, then hold number 3 (enter) password is 12312312

go to communications and make sure LAN is selected- Hope this helps but I'm a solar edge newb as well

they just plug n play

inverter to home plug
router to home plug

easy no tuning in you should get

S_OK on inverter if your online mate

if your stuggling give me a bell

Solarcity: what are you connecting the inverter to? a homeplug or the netgear wifi adapter? if the netgear what does it connect to and how? Need to get an idea of why your inverter is not picking up an ip-address from the dhcp.

Edit to add:
On mine that I just had fitted (yayhhh!!!) if I press the green button to cycle through the screens you eventually get to one that says Lan: TCP I think and then the next one gives the ip-address and other info.

more likely that something isn't connected correctly somecamel as if all the parts can see each other the router will pretty much always give out a dhcp address. dhcp is very robust these days as it's been around for 30 years or more :)

You should be able to tell if it is being seen from the router end as there will be some form of diagnostic screen on the router control page that will indicate what dhcp address was given out. most decent routers have that anyway.

more likely that something isn't connected correctly somecamel as if all the parts can see each other the router will pretty much always give out a dhcp address. dhcp is very robust these days as it's been around for 30 years or more :)

You should be able to tell if it is being seen from the router end as there will be some form of diagnostic screen on the router control page that will indicate what dhcp address was given out. most decent routers have that anyway.

Excellent, Ill have a play with it tomorrow:) Sorry to take over SolarCity

you should only really need one or the other. You pair the Netgear with your wireless router (usually best to do this with a laptop near your router so there is a strong signal and follow the instructions on getting connected). Then take it to where the inverter is and connect the network cable to the Netgear wifi device. You need to make sure the inverter is set to LAN - TCP.

However if you have a handy socket near the inverter it's much much easier to just use a homeplug which as MEP Elec said is pretty much plug and play. If it isn't then the 2 homeplug devices may need to be convinced to pair up but tbh most pairs just work as soon as you get them out the box.

Is it your home router or a customers?

It's a customer's system. If it was my own then I'd have sorted it by now. Trying to sort it out while the customer's kids are screaming "What's that, what's that, what's that....." down my ear is not my idea of fun!

I'll give it another go tomorrow. Thanks for the advice people.

I know segen sell them - who else do you guys use - I've got my first one to do next week 16 panels ...

Thx

How are you guys connecting to the router?

I'm doing my first solar edge next week and I was going to take a Cat 5 cable from the inverter to the customers router and hard wire it.. It seems you are not doing this and are using some sort of wireless adaptor. Could you point me in the right direction, might save me a couple of hours.

How are you guys connecting to the router?

I'm doing my first solar edge next week and I was going to take a Cat 5 cable from the inverter to the customers router and hard wire it.. It seems you are not doing this and are using some sort of wireless adaptor. Could you point me in the right direction, might save me a couple of hours.

Search for homeplug powerline adapters on Google. It's by far the easiest way to transfer an ethernet connection anywhere in a house. You will need a pair of them if the home owner doesn't have them already. What they cost in value should more than be saved in time trying to route a cat5 cable neatly unless the router is right next to the inverter.

Reply to Setting up SolarEdge monitoring Netgear WNCE2001/Homeplugs in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock