Discuss sharing the DIY LED light bottle in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My wife bought some long and short LED fairy string lights for Christmas decorations. We will decorate them on curtains and Christmas trees.
Yesterday, my wife did a DIY handicraft with LED string lights, a baby bottle, and cotton. It is very easy to do. She is very happy to share the steps here.
First step, clean the baby bottle and dry it.
Second step, place some cotton or feathers on the bottom of the bottle.
Third step, put the LED string lights on the cotton, and hide the switch.
It is very easy. We love this DIY baby bottle light, and very happy to share her handicraft.
But we don't open the switch for a long time, because we afraid too many led lights in a small bottle will cause a fire.

Attachments

• led string lights.png
    676.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DIY baby bottle light.png
    294.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
It is nice,
be aware that cotton is flammable and will ignite easily.

Perhaps using a different material for the filler would be a good idea.
Although the led lamps are unlikley to get hot enough to ignite the cotton it is still something to be aware of.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN LED LAMPS.

It is nice,
be aware that cotton is flammable and will ignite easily.

Perhaps using a different material for the filler would be a good idea.
Although the led lamps are unlikley to get hot enough to ignite the cotton it is still something to be aware of.

DO NOT TRY THIS WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN LED LAMPS.
Yes, we will be very careful. Thank you so much. Please don't worry, we do this DIY bottle lights just for fun. Most of the LED string lights will be decorated like the pictures shows. Thanks again.

Attachments

• LED LIGHTS.png
    669.2 KB · Views: 12
We’ve got something similar at home, buts it’s in a wine bottle.
We bought a light string specifically designed for it... the batteries and switch are in a cork shaped enclosure.

My kid bought this at the school Christmas fair.... and I was worried about battery’s sitting inside cotton wool.....

6952E54A-7763-4DF9-B5B4-049B5856A7B5.jpeg
C4B047C5-353B-48D5-995F-E7DEFD6B9967.jpeg

No safety kite mark on the label, so I’m not sure it’s safe at all... unless I change the battery pack to a fully enclosed type.

Take a small piece of stuffing out and put a match to it, you will soon find out if it is in fact as flammable as you think.

(Outdoors in a baking tin)

It 's so cute. Just be careful, don't turn on the light for a long time.
We’ve got something similar at home, buts it’s in a wine bottle.
We bought a light string specifically designed for it... the batteries and switch are in a cork shaped enclosure.

My kid bought this at the school Christmas fair.... and I was worried about battery’s sitting inside cotton wool.....

View attachment 54286
View attachment 54287

No safety kite mark on the label, so I’m not sure it’s safe at all... unless I change the battery pack to a fully enclosed type.

It's so cute.
Just be careful, and don't turn on the light for a long time. My LED bottle light works great now. I think safety has a great relationship with the quality of LED lights. But It is always right to be careful :)

Reply to sharing the DIY LED light bottle in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net