Discuss Sharp panels landscape-is this ok? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Morgan keith

I'm aware that Sharp doesn't recommend mounting their panels in landscape if they are being clamped on the short sides. If I used anti slide brackets on the bottom of the panels, does anyone know if this is ok? The problem I have is that the panels are going on a shed with the rafters running vertically and if I use vertical rails, I wont be able to clamp the panels where I want because the placement of the rails is determined by the rafters and tiles etc.

The warranty is invalid if mounted on the short side

Cruciform or cross rail, bearing in mind you can reduce the number of hoirzontal rails - you don't nescessarily need two horizontal rails per landscape row.

Assume portrait and work out how many fixing points there would have been / panel, that is the minimum you need to use, now put in the same number of fxings (bearing in mind the spacing) to cope and run enough horizintal rails to fix (e.g. for two rows of sharp panels in landscape usually only needs 3 horizontal rails) now fix rails vertically onto the horizontal rails, all the main rail manufacturers offer a cross rail fixing.

Reply to Sharp panels landscape-is this ok? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock