Discuss Shaver socket compliance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Del

Hi. Does any body have any knowledge of a shaver supply unit made by Chilton (model SS4019). main question did it comply to BS3535 for shaver transformers and shaver supply units, thank you for any advice.

Chilton were a competent manufacturer and would very likely have complied with the appropriate British standard, though I think BS3535 came out in 1962 so if the socket were older than that then the socket could not have complied directly. But I cannot say for that model specifically, worth seeing if it has the BS number stamped on it if you have the unit to hand.

Hi. Does any body have any knowledge of a shaver supply unit made by Chilton (model SS4019). main question did it comply to BS3535 for shaver transformers and shaver supply units, thank you for any advice.

Just curious, why do you ask?

Cheers...........Howard

Thank you for your replies, my reason for asking was to confirm its compliance while doing a EICR, the unit is in a awkward place to remove completely and I could not see a BS marking. Many thanks again

Reply to Shaver socket compliance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm about to do wiring for a small apartment in Azerbaijan. Mostly I will try to use UK standards - ring mains with ELCBs, everywhere earthed, T&E...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon I have recently had a bathroom makeover and had the existing shaver socket removed as I purchased a cabinet with socket enclosed...
Replies
Views
Multiple commercial units within the same steel frame cant each have a PME supply (from the same transformer), we have to install an earth...
Replies
Views
I've just bought a Boots shaver and for some reason it has a 3-pin power supply instead of the usual 2-pin shaver socket cord. The power supply is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to get a clear answer regarding whether or not you can use a shaver point to charge an electric toothbrush. The main opinions...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock