Discuss Shaver socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StevieTee

Having a major brain fart... at a clients house who is wanting a shaver socket put in the en-suite. The en-suite isnt very big, about 5m x 1m.

Anyways, the shower is going to go in one end with a a 200mm partition on its side and a glass screen as well. The owner wants the shaver socket on the small partition (obvs on the other side of the shower partition or it would be in the shower)

Is this within the regs? I dont have my OSG to hand and cant think if its allowed or not!

hope ive made sense!

....and it's not uncommon for someone to 'swap' it in the future for a normal double gang socket, so they can plug their hairdryer in.

well, for about half a second anyway, until all the upstairs lights go off everytime they use it

Reply to Shaver socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hope this all makes as much sense as i can make of it and my "problem" can get sorted via some guru on here... Just a quick background on myself...
Replies
Views
S
Hello All I am currently doing the electrics for an en-suite conversion to a wet-room for a family member. They want 6 no. 230Vac recessed...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
B
Trying to find a bathroom shaver socket that is just 240v and fits into a one gang box. I may have to make the box deeper for the transformer. The...
Replies
Views
BathSparks
B
Hi all, I am undertaking a partial rewire of a house that a client is needing to do quite a bit of surgery on as tenant just left and what a mess...
Replies
Views
Evening all, This is a ridiculously long thread, so I dont expect anyone to read it all so I think I'm just looking to see if I'm in the right...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock