Discuss Shed wiring ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bemmer2

DIY
Reaction score
100 amp box in house and have only 1 open slot for breaker ! I want to wire my new shed with 2-3 led lights and several outlets . Shed is 50’ from house box . Should I install a 30amp + breaker in the open spot and run #10 wire to a small sub panel in the shed or what might work better ? 220 not necessary at this time . Thanks

one for Megawatt . most of us are UK based and ain't got a scooby on US regs. and standards. ( with the exception that in the US, if it does not go bang, it's fine ?).

100 amp box in house and have only 1 open slot for breaker ! I want to wire my new shed with 2-3 led lights and several outlets . Shed is 50’ from house box . Should I install a 30amp + breaker in the open spot and run #10 wire to a small sub panel in the shed or what might work better ? 220 not necessary at this time . Thanks
Yes you can do that but make sure that the wire is rated for outdoor and direct burial if your not going to install conduit. Make sure the panel you buy is a main lug only and your shed has to be GFCI protected.

Yes you can do that but make sure that the wire is rated for outdoor and direct burial if your not going to install conduit. Make sure the panel you buy is a main lug only and your shed has to be GFCI protected.
Thanks ! My choice for box . Yes I will be using conduit to bury and ground fault protected !

Attachments

• 054A7EFD-55C4-458A-9BB3-CF4DB3E111B8.png
    492.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks ! I think I might have a problem , I ran 10/2 from a new 30amp breaker I installed my house service . I started wiring the shed today and Used the 30 amp box shown . I’m not sure but I think I should have ran 10/3 wire to allow the two breakers to be used ? Is there a way to use the 10/2 already ran and have power to both breakers ? I do not need 220 v at this time .

Attachments

• C7F7B3BC-BCC2-4B92-9AE8-8C0268B44AF8.png
    491.8 KB · Views: 8
Thanks ! I think I might have a problem , I ran 10/2 from a new 30amp breaker I installed my house service . I started wiring the shed today and Used the 30 amp box shown . I’m not sure but I think I should have ran 10/3 wire to allow the two breakers to be used ? Is there a way to use the 10/2 already ran and have power to both breakers ? I do not need 220 v at this time .
Can I jump from 110 feed to other post ?

Attachments

• 0C895B3D-BC81-4973-B556-B51B9003D51C.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 7
You have 2 lugs on top of the panel and right now you only have one wire in it so just install a jumper to the other side. Yes anytime you want to do a project like that, at least pull 3 conductors with a ground

Reply to Shed wiring ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net