Discuss shocking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusone

Electrician's Arms
No problem. Just put " 48 pounds worth of testing carried out " in Limitations on cert. Job done...or not. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
My client is looking for a 17th Edition electrician work in domestic properties in South Ockendon to do Fuse Board changes Fuse Board and Test is paid at £48.00, You will be completing between 2 - 3 jobs per day.
I bet he frigging is!

<Shakes head and wanders off in disbelief...>

S

sparky-s-w

id give em a call, might be some bad typo's, fuse board & test £480.00?, 3 - 4 jobs a week? you never know your luck.

SJD

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I was in a certain big orange shed today, and they were promoting CU installation "from £499", excluding all remdial work (talking with one of the staff, can easily total £900), by their "approved tradesmen". It seems there are two different worlds out there in terms of prices, one ten times the other ...

ackbarthestar

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Doing the sums.....
I suspect their sales 'executives' have picked up the JIB rates at £12.00/hour.
A fast worker can rip out and install a new CU in 2 hours plus a basic IR test.
But why rip out something that works already and replace it with something that might not?

How much are they paying these sales 'executives'?

pjcomp

Regular EF Member
Had a customer last year proudly showed me the new CU he'd had fitted after that nice man from MEB came round and did a FREE inspection. Reckoned it was £1200 well spent ..... till I told him how much I'd have charged.

PJ

L

llywelyn111

Had a customer last year proudly showed me the new CU he'd had fitted after that nice man from MEB came round and did a FREE inspection. Reckoned it was £1200 well spent ..... till I told him how much I'd have charged.

PJ
£48???

thekingiam

Regular EF Member
No problem. Just put " 48 pounds worth of testing carried out " in Limitations on cert. Job done...or not. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
yeah and leave the rest of the page blank, turn up write this down on paperwork and leave,although call out charge is usually 50 quid not 48.

Archy Styrigg

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I've an idea.
I'm a unscrupulous entrepreneur, with no electrical knowledge whatsoever, but can sell anything to anybody.
I'll take advantage of all the desperate unemployed electricians out there and pay them £50/day while I charge the customer £250. Happy Days!
Damn, it's already being done. :-(

Guitarist

Regular EF Member

PJ
You have to feel sorry for these people. They genuinely think that they are being looked after.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.