Discuss Shooting in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hightower

Anyone in to their shooting? I've packed in my Sunday morning football recently, and have been doing a fair bit of shooting to try and fill the void.

I'm hoping to go for a full FAC when I get established at a few clubs, but am very interested in air rifles too since they are so accessible and fairly cheap to run (6.5 Creedmoor is £2 a round, air rifles are ~£10-£20 for 500 pellets).

I've lent my uncle's Weihrouch WH95 springer to see how I get on with it, but have had a play on a few others. The one that feels most comfortable to me is the BSA R-10, so there's the best part of £1000 to kit one of those out.

Been going to the clays a bit too, and may look in to getting a cheapish shotgun if the missus will allow. She's not too keen on the idea of having guns in the house, even though she'd quite like to try shooting herself. I'll keep a hold of this springer for a while and see if she starts coming round to the idea. Can't see the issue considering they'll be locked in a gun safe in the attic.

it's good fun and keeps one out of the pub. i have an Air Arms TX200. been out of it for a while, but just found out there is a club not too far away, going to pop along and have a shot at some targets, get my eye in again. not used a shotgun for 30 years. rabbits, pigeons and squirrels ( only the grey ones). tried the clays, but the pies were too crusty.

it's good fun and keeps one out of the pub. i have an Air Arms TX200. been out of it for a while, but just found out there is a club not too far away, going to pop along and have a shot at some targets, get my eye in again. not used a shotgun for 30 years. rabbits, pigeons and squirrels ( only the grey ones). tried the clays, but the pies were too crusty.

What scope you got on that? I've just been looking at a Remington brand new for about £140 - got good reviews and not a massive amount of money to make an introduction with my first gun.

you don't want to get a scope with too high a magnification. target won't stay still. not sure what my scope is. i have a look. gimme 5.

you don't want to get a scope with too high a magnification. target won't stay still. not sure what my scope is. i have a look. gimme 5.

My uncle's is an 8x which did me ok last night, the Remington I was looking at is 4x I believe which might be a little low. I think the week before I was using a 12x and I quite liked that.

no ID on it, not even the optical dats, but here's a pic.

20161018_142649_001 - Copy.jpg

Nice to see other shooters on here. I don't normally advertise the fact due to anti's getting upset. Don't know if you get much of that?

I shoot on a local farm syndicate (pheasant/partridge) also do some pest control with .22 & .243 but they are up for sale as I don't have the time due to work and kids etc. So if your interested high tower

What you got for sale Wes?

I've not done any hunting yet, but I do hope to get there in the future - need to get my eye in on dead targets first. Apparently it's a right pain to get permissions so....

It is a pain to get permission but I'm lucky enough to be able to do pest control on our syndicate shoot. I just haven't got the time any more so I let the other lads do it.

I have a .243 browning x bolt in stainless steel with a 8x fixed scope that is gerat for foxes and dear. I also have a nice .22 rim fire it's whirach (excuse the spelling) but would have to check the model number. They both have to go. ☹️

It is a pain to get permission but I'm lucky enough to be able to do pest control on our syndicate shoot. I just haven't got the time any more so I let the other lads do it.

I have a .243 browning x bolt in stainless steel with a 8x fixed scope that is gerat for foxes and dear. I also have a nice .22 rim fire it's whirach (excuse the spelling) but would have to check the model number. They both have to go. ☹️

Ah such a shame, but it'll be a good while before I get an FAC if I go down that route.

This is mine, I am dabbling with getting a Daystate panther mk4 but the thought of all the electronics worries me.

20130910_094343.jpg

Go out with my wife's dad and brother; deer, geese, ducks, woodcock, rabbits & a bit of pest control. Haven't been out in about 2 years though. Was on a stag do recently and came out top on the clays which was nice! Need to get back into it.

Reply to Shooting in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net