Discuss Short courses to do over the summer? 2392 & 2391 or compex? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

UNIT66

Hi people just after some advice please! Ok im now coming to the end of my c&g2330 level 2. Im intending to do the level 3 come september. Im just thinking about some good short term courses to do in the mean time to help bolster the cv/get more money!
To give u a bit of history about myself im 33 have been mainly employed as an industrial electrician/panel wirer over the last few years. Im good at my line of work but haven't got many quals on paper so I have been working to rectify that over the last year or so.
Like I said I now have my 2330 level 2, also got my 17th ed & pat testing. Just wondering what course would be a good idea to do before my level 3 starts up in september.
Compex is going to be over £1500 so ive been told & I wouldnt mind getting into the oil & gas sector eventually as ive been told thats where the decent rates of pay are. 2392 & 2391 would be a bit cheaper, but I may struggle with 2391 as I dont have much experience of testing at the moment.
Anyway I would appreciate any short course recommendations that would help improve the cv & pay packet!
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2392-10 would be good for an introduction to testing, however it is level 2. The testing and inspection you will be doing in 2330 level 3 is fairly similar in content and assessment, if not tougher (it is level 3 after all).

Have you considered maybe doing a PV course? May not be on your radar but it will only benefit you in the long run?

Thanks for the advice. My local college does do the pv course so Ill give it some thought. Just have to get over my fear of heights 1st, which is ironic as im 6ft 6! lol.

2391 has low pass rate so may end up being a not-so-short course if not up to speed. Saying that I do not really know your skill level you may be a 1 in three :)

Reply to Short courses to do over the summer? 2392 & 2391 or compex? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net