Discuss Short life of G9 Bulbs on 6 bulb chandalier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

McSpark

Hi all,
My customer has a 6 * G9 Bulb chandalier in a hairdressers. They stop working indescrimanantley over a period of a month or two. The bulbs have no lamp shade. None of the other CFL (2 * 26w cfls 4pin) downlighters are affected on this circuit - they have lasted over two years to date. The G9 bulbs get installed with clean cloth so no sticky hands affect this.
I appreciate any comments or advice on how to test the chandalier. Its a fixed chrome steel bar set up so limited access to the lamp holder behind the casing.

My thanks in advance for all replies.

Have had one instance of putting these in and no end of lamps going on a basis of maybe one a week in two fittings with four lamps in each. Have fitted them in other places and no problems so will be interested to read comments on this.

Thanks.
This has been ongoing for at least a year. The bulbs get supplied from a couple of retailers. I was involved in a PIR with this customer last September and all remidial work was completed but non of which was in regard to this circuit.
I may get the chance to remove this and bench test a long run at home. The customer is quite attached to them - loves to recycle !

Reply to Short life of G9 Bulbs on 6 bulb chandalier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock