Discuss should i bother with 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sarge

hi all, just wandering what the general opinion is! I have just applied for a 2391 course which is costing me over £200 and 3 days holiday. i have told my employer that im doing it. But would it be right to expect a pay increase if succesful. i already carry out testing anyway but would feel more confident havin done the course. is it realy worthwhile, not realy planning on going self employed.

any thoughts

cheer

sarge

You should definitely bother with it. It stands you in good stead for the future, and more (valuable) qualifications the better.

How big is your company? What sort of job do you do day to day - domestic, commercial, industrial?

You should definitely bother with it. It stands you in good stead for the future, and more (valuable) qualifications the better.

How big is your company? What sort of job do you do day to day - domestic, commercial, industrial?

9 of us, mainly commercial at the mo, but we cover all!!

How many others have the 2391? It's worth it, especially as it sounds like you sometimes do domestic. What did your boss say when you told him?

As an aside, you don't know if your boss is taking on any electrician's mates do you? Looking to move down to Cornwall within a few months! ;)

How many others have the 2391? It's worth it, especially as it sounds like you sometimes do domestic. What did your boss say when you told him?

As an aside, you don't know if your boss is taking on any electrician's mates do you? Looking to move down to Cornwall within a few months! ;)

only the boss has 2391 but he doesnt do much testing at all. we all test our own jobs realy.
aside! theres always a possibility.

we are not jib registered though!!

I would definately recommend it, apart from anything else it's acts as a good refresher if yoy did your quals some time ago, it's also one of the components of the 2391-20 (2400) if you chose to take that at a later date

I would definately recommend it, apart from anything else it's acts as a good refresher if yoy did your quals some time ago, it's also one of the components of the 2391-20 (2400) if you chose to take that at a later date

thanks marct, heard of this 2391-02 but what is it actually?

It's the Design, Erection and Verification exam, probably the hardest one of all, and alot of that is due to time management on the exam, the quickest 3 hrs ever! It consists of a week long course followed by a 3 hr exam plus an assignment which has to be in by january of the following year. There are plenty of details in the forum on this also.

This is the last of the NVQ3 exams. The next level after this is NVQ4 HPD in Building Services Engineering (4467) which follows the lines of the equivalent BTEC course. I am considering this myself, as I think it is going to be the way to go for commercial sparks.

sounds interesting, thanks alot, may look into it. this must be the course ive heard of which involves alot of discrimination!!
Thanks for the advice marct

Reply to should i bother with 2391 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net