Discuss Should I or shouldn't I? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Would appreciate your thoughts on this one lads. I've got approx 15 yrs experience of elec installation work mainly on new build and extensions. My local BC required me to do the 2391 Inspection and T and the latest Ed so 18th. As such I can design, install and test my own work which is then registered with the council. The years are beginning to take their toll, and have led me to re-evaluate so 3 questions....
1. To conduct EICR's do I need to register with an approved?
2. If not mandatory would you recommend affiliating?
3.Do you have any advice on breaking into the EICR game?
Many thanks in advance.

Would appreciate your thoughts on this one lads. I've got approx 15 yrs experience of elec installation work mainly on new build and extensions. My local BC required me to do the 2391 Inspection and T and the latest Ed so 18th. As such I can design, install and test my own work which is then registered with the council. The years are beginning to take their toll, and have led me to re-evaluate so 3 questions....
1. To conduct EICR's do I need to register with an approved?
2. If not mandatory would you recommend affiliating?
3.Do you have any advice on breaking into the EICR game?
Many thanks in advance.
1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Do them properly. Take pride in your work. Visit all the local estate agents in person (and email them) smartly dressed and offer your services. Plus maybe a leaflet drop of a few hundred houses specifically mentioning EICR's.

As above

no
yes

start by offering competitive rates , somewhere in the £15 per circuit ball park.
once You have built up some Regular clients (Like letting agents) you can slowly crank up your rates, £20-30 per circuit is the norm in my area...£35 per circuit at a stretch

Reply to Should I or shouldn't I? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock