Discuss Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Should Scotland be allowed to take another referendum because of Brexit as is the SNP's claim?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Would another vote solve the issue most likely not, say the independence vote won then that would make it 1 a piece, say remain won again then as we have now the SNP would continue to rally for another referendum, it was suppose to be a once in a lifetime vote and they have already had it.
EM Who said once in a lifetime this is propaganda that the tories invented
[automerge]1578654308[/automerge]
Purely hypothetical and in no way my personal opinion (I want the uk to stay as is) but how would the welsh Scottish and NI members feel if the English decided to have a referendum on going it alone?...
They are going it alone the westminster mafia do as they please regardless of opinion ,

EM Who said once in a lifetime this is propaganda that the tories invented
[automerge]1578654308[/automerge]

They are going it alone the westminster mafia do as they please regardless of opinion ,

Did Nicola Sturgeon not say that then?

Did Nicola Sturgeon not say that then?
No but every tories says it at every opportunity tell a lie often enough, but anyway is it a valid reason or argument the populace decide what is relevant not a few well heeled tories , who have never once outlined exactly why they are opposed to Scottish independence however we who are in favour know why

No but every tories says it at every opportunity tell a lie often enough, but anyway is it a valid reason or argument the populace decide what is relevant not a few well heeled tories , who have never once outlined exactly why they are opposed to Scottish independence however we who are in favour know why

I thought I'd seen her saying that, but I must be mistaken then.

I thought I'd seen her saying that, but I must be mistaken then.

Politicians say lots (die in a ditch, leave by 31st March) and things change

The fact remains the previous agreement (Edinburgh Agreement) did not give any generation ideas

The UK government has already agreed to the length of a generation - it is 7 years in the Good Friday Agreement, that's OK for me as well.

the problem the UK government have is they keep changing the goals for a Scottish Referendum
Previously it was over 50% of MP's in Scotland being SNP (no longer)
Then it was a majority of MSP's in the Scottish Parliament (mind changed there as well)
Then it was a majority of the Scottish Parliament votes had to be pro indy (been there as well)

How about a mandate in a General election - been there 2 times now

The real answer- what ever they can make up to stop it happening (and it is helping change minds)

So it's a 2021 referendum then on independence :D

Was at the Glasgow AUOB Independence march on Saturday

The weather was pants but the turn out was still around 80,000

Short time lapse of the Edinburgh one from October - note there was no coverage on UK broadcast media (yet they show a demo of 200 on London bridge)
Will look for the recent one and post as well.

[automerge]1578799507[/automerge]
Found the one from this weekend -bottom and one from last year (better weather)

I'm sure you will have seen the wall to wall coverage on Sky, BBC etc .....

While we are at it this is good with a twist.

Watch to the end.

Last edited:
Here's another video

This actually shows (in a video less than 20 seconds) the way the UK media and Westminster actually selectively quote the once in a generation line

Alex Salmond - oh dear.

I'm sure he's told his side of the story via communist media.
Maybe
But it won't ge UK mainstream media anyway, they have a blackout on independence stuff usually ( unless its negative)
Have you noticed any polls on Scottish independence recently ? Funny that

There was a March for independence earlier this month and it was on media in Europe, US etc, no coverage on Sky / BBC- I'm sure that's just a coincidence (same as the last 4 marches).

Maybe
But it won't ge UK mainstream media anyway, they have a blackout on independence stuff usually ( unless its negative)

There was a March for independence earlier this month and it was on media in Europe, US etc, no coverage on Sky / BBC- I'm sure that's just a coincidence (same as the last 4 marches).
Maybe

Yawn. Conspiracy theory etc

The soft start is on the way.

Business for Scotland have crunched the numbers and made stuff- interesting facts and figures

Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? BFS1 - EletriciansForums.net

Back page
Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? BFS2 - EletriciansForums.net

There's a video explaining it, a bit long but VERY interesting.

Why do they all move down here then? ;):)

Why do they all move down here then? ;):)
Sunshine - have you looked at the freshwater in the chart above (another name for rain)

Meanwhile there was a silver lining last night- this was on the European Parliament (my son -23- was overheard talking with his mate on the PS network, they were slightly uplifted on a pants night)

Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? IMG_20200131_232457 - EletriciansForums.net

Donald Tusk has just commented on Scottish Independence, note the different tone on Scottish independence now the UK are a third country

View: https://youtu.be/VQ4m7vk_QI0

[automerge]1580666377[/automerge]
A bit more stuff, Unison (the Union) have backed a Scottish independence.
They are not backing independence but are backing the right of the Scottish Parliament to decide.
For others down south this reminds me of the time the tories were in denial of the need for a Scottish Parliament and a Scottish Constitutional Convention was set up.
Difference between then and now- we have a Scottish Parliament and the internet to help move opinions.
[automerge]1580666427[/automerge]
A bit more stuff, Unison (the Union) have backed a Scottish independence referendum.
They are not backing independence but are backing the right of the Scottish Parliament to decide.
For others down south this reminds me of the time the tories were in denial of the need for a Scottish Parliament and a Scottish Constitutional Convention was set up.
Difference between then and now- we have a Scottish Parliament and the internet to help move opinions.

Last edited:
5.4724 Million estimated , will be leaving Scotland in the near future to go to the land of OZ ,just follow the yellow brick road and dont forget to take Dorothy sturgeon and the red shoes .they will be waiting .

Remember Scotland's GDP is higher per head than that of the UK as a whole so Scotland can afford to go alone, it will adversely affect the UK

Remember Scotland's GDP is higher per head than that of the UK as a whole so Scotland can afford to go alone, it will adversely affect the UK
you have only got 5 half million are you counting the sheep and cows has well
what a lot of bull ,go it alone are you dreaming .lets come to the chase so if Scotland leaves this island call great Britain you will have to go cap in hand to moneatry fund begging for a bale out before you leave .

Reply to Should Scotland be allowed another referendum and do you think parliament has a right to deny it? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock