Discuss Should the UK pay up? UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I doubt Ireland pay much at the moment, due to the near banckrupcy the EU has probably allowed it time to recover, I don't doubt eventually when it is solvent again the EU will milk it.

Last year (ireland) they had to pay €100m this year due to the extra payment from uk it has been revised down to €6.25m apparently only for increased contribution from uk then the €100m figure would have remained. To be honest i feel that it was the tories cooking of the books to show a false prosperity in the uk economy has resulted in the eu deciding to kill the fatted calf.

Oh and by the way i think youse should pay it ;-)

Vote UKIP and get our borders back and stop financing countries not pulling their weight in the EU.
Really? So the NHS will magically lose it's dependence on doctors from overseas? We'll miraculously have a glut of civil engineers, computer programmersetc?

Really? So the NHS will magically lose it's dependence on doctors from overseas? We'll miraculously have a glut of civil engineers, computer programmersetc?
UKIP have said that they would allow people from overseas that will benefit us.
If you think that allowing everybody in including benefit/NHS seekers then God help us.

Several countries in Europe are more generous with their benefits system than we are so that's one myth busted straight away.
NHS tourism, you're statistically more likely to be seen in an NHS by an immigrant than you are to be sharing the room with them waiting to be seen

I would imagine in a similar way as Singapore manage their similar policy.

I have an ex who's father worked in Singapore in a bank but she was a hairdresser. Once she finished training at 21 she was informed that she had to leave the country due to no longer being a dependant or in education and her occupation was not benefiting the country, I think she got a month to pack up and leave before she got deported.
So that's how you police it, simple really!

Have you never heard of border controls?
Yes but they don't work now do they? anyhow I only asked a question lol, I think we should do what australia do and people coming in here should have a sponsor, then we need to try to find the 100,000 in here illegally, that will be far harder.

i nthink he meant how do you know if an immigrant will be a benefit to the uk or a benefit scrounger

The bottom lines here are as follows-
Britain is no longer as world power, in order for this country to have a voice on the international stage we need to form alliances with other nations.
The US doesn't really give a flying **** about us because they know that.
The true power in the next 150-200 years rests in the far east. Our politicians know it and so do their's
The Great Britain which UKIP are selling to people has never existed.

To be honest. If the uk leaves the eu they will have to expect that the british made goods may have a tariff imposed upon them for sale in eu freetrade area
To be perfectly honest there isn't much of that left, we import 50 million more than we export, 1980s britain say no more,I don't want to upset the Thatcher fans here lol, I'm done, enjoy yourselves.

Based on their qualifications, you only allow those who can fill job voids that we cannot fill from our own people.
Yes, its so obvious but not to those hoping we lose our culture by flooding GB with foreigners.
They believed Camoron when he said that Islam is a religion of peace ffs.

Cameron has a few choices here. Not pay at all and cop a MAXIMUM 200 million Euro per year fine (Much better than 1.7 billion lol) OR ask for the payments to be deferred and taken out of future rebates ect (This will probably appeal if he/they believe that Labour will win the election so it will become their problem and the Tories would get to blame someone else).
My 3rd option is in the cospiracy theory section it goes like this -
The EU top brass have seen that the UK population are ready to walk away.....They don't want this, Cameron doesn't want this, Most other top Mp's in every party don't want this...so this is a staged setup. We get hit with this bill - Cameron gets to moan and demand it be wiped/drastically reduced - The EU relent and say Yes you the UK are correct this is wrong and wipe/reduce the bill.
Then the EU get to say look how accommodating we are to the UK...please stay in. Cameron gets to say look at me im a big player in the EU....and farage gets kicked into touch come the election to the delight of ALL the other parties.
I suppose there is a fourth option - we just pay up and shut up.
As much as I am a supporter of the EU (Like others here) I just can't see how they can justify this. It would be with a heavy heart that I would be forced to vote for out if we continue to be treated in this manner.

They believed Camoron when he said that Islam is a religion of peace ffs.
Firstly,Something beloved by kippers.
Secondly, I've worked in Saudi mate and things don't get much more Islamic than that place as a few on here can bear witness to. I have never met a Muslim who wanted to kill me.

Reply to Should the UK pay up? UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net