Discuss Should this job have been done in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
or should the spark have walked away????

went to a boiler change today that had been wired ready, the spark that had doen the work had a dis agreement with the owners about the way to run the cable, the owners didnt want mini trunking and they wouldnt pay out for the wall to be chased and made good, this is what they were left with

IMG_0041.jpg

also the new circuit was terminated into light switch instead of a dp switch which it should have been.

Why would you start a job like that!
How does the customer expect electricity to get to the boiler? I would have walked out shaking my head.

Stubborn Customer and Childish Spark. Poor kid, who ended up with the resulting mess. I'd rather have walked away and lost out on the job than leave that shambles, in a child's room at that!

exept that it wont have been an electrician that did this would it.....no sparky worth a damn will have passed this off as `normal`...or would have even considered risking their reputation on the basis of this sh**e....no guys n girls....this was done by a prop up down`t local bar....

Last edited:
exept that it wont have been an electrician that did this would it.....no sparky worth a damn will have passed this off as `normal`...or would have even considered risking their reputation on the basis of this sh**e....no guys n girls....this was done by a prop up down`t local bar....

Seen a lot worse from fully qualified, time served, JIB Gold Card, even NIC AC sparks!

it was an niceic registered company, iv been tasked to put it right next week before we finish the boiler

it was an niceic registered company, iv been tasked to put it right next week before we finish the boiler

and how is that going to be done? mini trunking or chasing in the wall that the customer did not want? The op said the boiler supply came from a normal light switch, are you sure it is not a 20 amp double pole switch?

maybe customer thought it could be done wireless went to a job once where a woman wanted a socket next to phone point for cordless phone,cu 3m away doesnt want decor disturbed so no chases,and doesnt want trunking asked why it couldnt be done wireless like the phone!

Im in shock after seeing this pic ....... i mean pink curtains and bedding on a blue background :confused: if that aint gonner cause your child sexual identity confusion then what is !!!!!

Last edited:

Reply to Should this job have been done in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net