Discuss Show me the money in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dave 85

Anybody see 'show me the money' last night?
Documentary where everybody in a firm has to declare their wages to each other.
It was about Pimlico plumbers in london. All their plumbers/engineers seem to earn salaries of 70 to 150k. Crazy money.
Their managers are on about 50k, mechanics about 35k, call centre staff 18k and the poor lady in the canteen makes 14.5k doing a 45 hour week.

And people say there's no money in being a tradesman these days.....
Interesting program.

yea i saw it, i couldnt believe what their plumbers were on, 150 grand a year, i know its london but still. i dont think the MD had a clue what the going rates are.

every single bloke was on a different wage, doing the same job, its as if - in their interview the boss said what wage do you want.
you name it ill pay it.

I've nevered earned more than £30k a year in my life but i never became an electrician for money anyway.
£70k a year might sound great but in London it wouldnt even buy you a garden shed lol.

yea i saw it, i couldnt believe what their plumbers were on, 150 grand a year, i know its london but still. i dont think the MD had a clue what the going rates are.

every single bloke was on a different wage, doing the same job, its as if - in their interview the boss said what wage do you want.
you name it ill pay it.

They are all self employed there wages mainly via due to hours worked and call outs

They are all self employed there wages mainly via due to hours worked and call outs

are you sure cuz when they were reviewing the pay thay got a few of these guys to sacrifice some of their wage, in order to help out others in the company
being self employed, i wouldnt give money away.

are you sure cuz when they were reviewing the pay thay got a few of these guys to sacrifice some of their wage, in order to help out others in the company
being self employed, i wouldnt give money away.

They defently use to be watched a program about the company once part of it was they all had to have there own corgi/gas safe member ship. Think it was so if there dropped a boll#xs it was on there head and nothing to do with company

Pimlico Plumbers colleagues reveal their salaries for Channel 4 show Show Me Your Money | The Sun |Features

im not up on all the latest rules being s/e but if they supply all the work the van the tools phone and everything,are you really self employed? or is it a bit of a tax dodge..

im not up on all the latest rules being s/e but if they supply all the work the van the tools phone and everything,are you really self employed? or is it a bit of a tax dodge..

Nope , quite common.
This year i've worked as a subby whilst provided with van & testers from the employer - its still covered under CIS

Reply to Show me the money in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock