Discuss Show us your consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
So a bit of fun as it is a bit quiet. This is mine been there since I moved in and has all the required notices and selected additional protection. The first Proteus one wins the wooden spoon.
Show us your consumer unit. 20191012_182353 - EletriciansForums.net

Is it caked in notices :)
[automerge]1570902970[/automerge]
How come some are the compact rcbos.

Had a BG when I moved in:

Show us your consumer unit. IMG_2057.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Got off my bum a couple of months ago and replaced with Wylex full RCBO ready for getting our bathroom done so I can fit an electric shower.

Show us your consumer unit. IMG_2185.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Show us your consumer unit. 0D9A15E5-2602-44AE-9841-540190BF319C - EletriciansForums.netShow us your consumer unit. AC0D9776-1F49-40B5-B726-12E7ABD52C36 - EletriciansForums.net

This is mine, looks like a snakes wedding and needs a good tidy up. Apparently it was installed in 2017, the inside looks even worse. No installation certification or anything, slowly getting round to sorting things out a bit at a time.

View attachment 53101View attachment 53102

This is mine, looks like a snakes wedding and needs a good tidy up. Apparently it was installed in 2017, the inside looks even worse. No installation certification or anything, slowly getting round to sorting things out a bit at a time.
Things that bother me.,... The tails gland compression nut being left off, the supply cable sheath connection, the tape holding the cover on the Henley block, the 100A switch that's doing nothing, the board being BG, all the unsupported cables.
Otherwise exemplory.

That 100A switch is a redundant by the look of it Memera 2000 consumer unit.

Things that bother me.,... The tails gland compression nut being left off, the supply cable sheath connection, the tape holding the cover on the Henley block, the 100A switch that's doing nothing, the board being BG, all the unsupported cables.
Otherwise exemplory.

I know; and that’s before you even take a look at the inside of the board?

You can also see where they conveniently left the compression nut on top of the 100A isolator that contains a 15A fuse inside; which in turn feeds a 3A FCU in the hallway for the burglar alarm.

Let’s not get started on how they’ve secured the the earth to the TNS lug using a bonding strap.

Some people churn out some right tripe, don’t know how they get away with it.
[automerge]1570908825[/automerge]
That 100A switch is a redundant by the look of it Memera 2000 consumer unit.

It looks redundant, but after some digging round I found it feeds the house alarm. Difficult to see from the pictures and only got 15A fuse in it. Fed directly from Henley blocks with no RCD protection from what I can see.

Show us your consumer unit. 20190529_081332 - EletriciansForums.net
Yes it was between old ceiling and new false ceiling with a small hole to access fuses.

Show us your consumer unit. 20190529_081240 - EletriciansForums.netTop left you can see the whole, the consumer unit bottom right only served the flat, now replaced with one consumer unit all RCBO but still means if anything trips, it's a walk around outside of house down a set of steps to the granny flat under the house to reset anything.

Reply to Show us your consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock