Discuss Shower and cooker circuits shown as 2.5mm2 on shedule but overall condition satisfactory in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

UKMeterman

-
Arms
Reaction score
I am reviewing a EICR for a property I am buying. The vendor has had the EICR done, but both the Cooker and Shower are on 40A 60898 B curve mcbs and the cable type is shown as 2.5mm2 type A install methord C. I suspect a clerical error but as it is in the vendor document pack what would you suggest? The cooker is a four ring built in electric hob. The shower is an electricaly heated shower rateing of which to be checked tomorrow.
All the circuit insulation measurements are 500M ohm which is a bit sus.

Last edited:
I don't see the 500 Meg ohm as being 'suss' why wouldn't it have been assuming this is just a reading to earth.

I was guessing it seemed suss as >999 is the sort of reading a lot of people would expect when results are the same on all circuits. Stands to reason the tester measures a maximum of 500mΩ.

Reply to Shower and cooker circuits shown as 2.5mm2 on shedule but overall condition satisfactory in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net