Discuss Shower instructions! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Shock Doctor

Hi All,

I have a shower to install for a very difficult customer. When quoted for the job I stated as its only on 6mm cable so she has to get a shower of equal or less kw than the one being replaced. So what does she do? Buys a 9.5kw shower when I pointed out the wording on the quote she returned with the instruction book for the shower which had a table in it showing the cable size that can be used with it and it states 6mm fine if the run is under 26m and on a 40a mcb! If the manufaturer of the shower is stating its ok what chance have I got convincing her. I get a lot of work from this pain in the rear end so am trying not to get too stroppy with her as she just doesnt get it. What would you do in this situation?

i've had 9.5 kw run quite happily on 6mm, one even, was only pulling 36A. i would fit it, clamp meter the tail mof the 6mm to ensure that it's not overloaded. job's a good 'un. ( the reason 9.5 kw were in the past requiring 10mm was because of volt drop, that's where the 20m odd comes in. sure you'll have a 2nd opinion soon.

Thanks for your answers sorry its taken so long to give thanks me internat has been off. The run goes from the cupboard under the stairs to the loft conversion which is virual straight above it. Cant see how the run can be more than 20m. I will fit it and carry out testing as long as it passes I suppose the jobs a goodun.

Thanks again. Dan

Reply to Shower instructions! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am changing the electric shower in a bathroom refurbishment (my own) and just wanted to ask about the mcb rating. The existing shower was...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I was wondering what size cable and braker I'd need for an electric shower. Just out of intrest am I close in guessing as follows: The...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock