Discuss Shower issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Don't think anyone has touched on the important question of Main Bonding has / Was it checked? if the answer is no was it rectified? doubt it.

I totally disagree with this 'get 'em back in to sort it'.
If they can't do it right in the first place, why on Earth would you want to invite the retards back to screw the job up even more.
Do it under supervision, by a Qualified Electrician, preferably the guy that did the inspection, they won't like it I know, but it will work I'm sure, or pay the inspecting Electrician to put it right, wish I was closer I would volunteer for free just to see the reaction from B&S Bathrooms.

Last edited:
I totally disagree with this 'get 'em back in to sort it'.
If they can't do it right in the first place, why on Earth would you want to invite the retards back to screw the job up even more.
Yeah that's true. But if its a company with multiple electricians on their payroll then they could send someone different.

Yeah that's true. But if its a company with multiple electricians on their payroll then they could send someone different.
Judging from the lash up in this post, it's doubtful they have any Electricians on the payroll, like many Kitchen fitting outlets, not called Kev the Kitchen fitter, but Bob the Bathroom installer (Bodger)

The installer was a family run high street kitchen and bathroom firm that had been there quite a while. Obviously now they were cutting corners not just on the units. I will take all your advice and thanks chaps.. No hope of any redress as they are no more!!

The installer was a family run high street kitchen and bathroom firm that had been there quite a while. Obviously now they were cutting corners not just on the units. I will take all your advice and thanks chaps.. No hope of any redress as they are no more!!
Just like the outfit that remodelled my Bathroom, not the electrics, I hasten to add

Last edited:
Its very unlikely, but if the company were a NICEIC registered Company then NICEIC should get it sorted for you under their platinum promise scheme.
Have a look through all your paperwork

Its very unlikely, but if the company were a NICEIC registered Company then NICEIC should get it sorted for you under their platinum promise scheme.
Have a look through all your paperwork
Don't think the OP got any paperwork, no certs anyway according to him, if they belong to any Scheme not just NICEIC, you could try for some recompense, NICEIC being the biggest and best known. If it's a bathroom firm then they will be only paying lip service, usually the foreman, --- Tyler, Plumber etc being the "Electrician" sort of. You see it all the time "stick a Scam sticker on yer Van or workwear, more work more dosh. That's why the Electrical industry needs a bomb up it's backside, to sort this sort of thing out, come on Ms Clancy get yer finger out and stop counting the money.

Reply to Shower issue in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock