Discuss Shower or Basin?xxxxxxx in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Basin.

the intention is not to completely wet the whole/majority of the body.

bit like a kitchen sink with a shower tap does not suddenly become an "Area containing a bath or shower"

It's basically a cleaners cupboard with a shower tap and a hand dryer.
even writing this i'm questioning my sanity though.

What if someone decided to hose down the DBs to the right? What if the cleaner decided to chuck buckets of water over them?

Wouldn't personally do it but not sure how I'd code it if doing EICR. Think I'd be kicking that one to the scheme.

Had to do a saniflow in a toilet that had one of those showers so put in an IP65 socket for it.

No matter how you dress it up that's a shower regardless of intended use.

I'm guessing one of the users has a relative who does some 'electrics' to save a few quid.

Im putting my tin hat on and saying the set up does not contravene any regulation. Whilst not practical it is compliant
I can't work out if it fits 701.1 or not. In terms of shock hazard, having wet feet must increase this beyond a normal hand washing sink. And having a long hose on the rose suggests a shower to me. Electrically, I think I'd treat it as a special location :)

I can't work out if it fits 701.1 or not. In terms of shock hazard, having wet feet must increase this beyond a normal hand washing sink. And having a long hose on the rose suggests a shower to me. Electrically, I think I'd treat it as a special location :)

Good points, however if you were treating it as a shower, i would say that the spur and dryer are far enough away to be out of Zone 2. Technically if i wanted to from my shower i could probably spray the landing socket with the right water trajectory.

That’s a lot of talk but who’s brave enough to tell them it all needs upgrading! Just don’t do a drawing, it may be misconstrued!

No matter how you dress it up that's a shower regardless of intended use.

I'm guessing one of the users has a relative who does some 'electrics' to save a few quid.
So this is a shower too?
Shower or Basin?xxxxxxx {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

I mean... If you look up in the dictionary shower that basin hose, technically isnt a shower.

Im writing in this thread with common sense and a bit tongue in cheek, as if thats me id be on the blower to the NIC.

Technically if i wanted to from my shower i could probably spray the landing socket with the right water trajectory.

if you can pi$$ that far, ever considered being a firefighter?

May be it just needs a shorter hose on the shower head and turn the pressure of the water down, is this not the same as a hair dressers where they have shower heads over the basins? I would not say its a special location but the accessories , hand drier and fuse board may not be suitable for the environment they are in ?

Reply to Shower or Basin?xxxxxxx in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock