Discuss Shower supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello peeps just a quicky,

I installed a shower circuit this morning and changed the dis board. It was a 9.5kw shower wired in 10mm and on a 50A Type B breaker rcd protected. But when the shower operates there is a loud buzzing from the board, I checked for tightness in case it was arcking and everything was ok. Is the buzzing normal or not? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heya mate

There shouldnt be any buzzing noise lol is it a cheap make of mcb/cu? could just be a faulty mcb. If all your test results were fine then i shouldnt worry unless its so loud you can hear it over the tv :D

Hope this helps

Shane.:cool:

Phase2Phase said:
Heya mate

There shouldnt be any buzzing noise lol is it a cheap make of mcb/cu? could just be a faulty mcb. If all your test results were fine then i shouldnt worry unless its so loud you can hear it over the tv :D

Hope this helps

Shane.:cool:

Yea my thoughts were faulty mcb, didn't test it today coz it was for a mate and had to shoot off. Il change the breaker on Monday I'm sure it'll be fine til then. And yes it was a cheap basics board from denmans lol

Yea like the patress box's that are good if u like the ones that snap in half as soon as u tighten it up the tiniest bit too much lol the boards are pretty decent tho, QFS I think they are

Reply to Shower supply in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone had this experience or could offer advice please? I have a 9.5Kw shower, it is fed from the DB in 10mm T&E, a run of approximately...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I will try and make this a painless as possible but grateful for anyones thoughts. I am currently contracted to install heaters for...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I hope you are all enjoying your weekends! Before I start, I just want to thank you for your help in advance… To summarise, I had...
Replies
Views
Went to a job today as a follow on from another sparks on our firm. Was a "fishy smell" reported, and was advised that the cable was undersized...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, I've just visited the retirement flat of an elderly couple who want RCD protection added to all of their circuits. Yes,all of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock