Discuss shower to notify or not in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mrmatt

A friend of a friend split up with her partner and he took the shower with him when he moved out leaving wires hanging out the wall. The local council were called and the circuit was disconnected from the consumer unit as a safety precaution. A plumber has put in a new shower and she has asked me to connect it back up at both ends and test.

Providing the calculations work out ok she wants to use the cable alreadt there as she dont really want the floors up. is this a notifiable job or would you class it as a like for like?

The circuit has been disconnected ,its in a special location and would be classed as a minor works which is notifiable , you need to provide a certificate and test in accordance to BS7671 2008 , the reason for this is you fit it and walk away , yes it may work but how do you know the cpc is connected and the circuit is safe

minor works cert, with notification to LABC or not DaveyD??
Hi MT. So if the shower is just to be replaced like for like - The little green book says not notifiable pg 22 (b). Minor works cert only. I cant see how else that can be read and its what I was taught - but happy to be corrected.

Nice Oar Jaresquire.

im going to agree with you davey, im saying minor works but no need to notify. i wish there werent so many if's and but's with this part p malarky, does cause a lot of confusion at times.!!

im going to agree with you davey, im saying minor works but no need to notify. i wish there werent so many if's and but's with this part p malarky, does cause a lot of confusion at times.!!

Sorry to keep correcting here chaps , if you issue a minor works in a special location its notifiable and as the circuit has been disconnected you have to test and issue a minor works

Part P clearly states that (page 13 section m), fitting/replacement of a cooker or shower is non notifiable. minor works yes, but you do not need to notify. So that is the correct answer, thort i'd check to be double sure folks!!

If showers disconnected or not, it would still require testing, to ensure safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
This explains why i think its all madness and not simple enough for the domestic market.

we should not have to think twice about this question. The whole thing is so complicated its mad !

Reply to shower to notify or not in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net