Discuss shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
just had a call from someone who said their shower is jumping when on the high setting, they did tell me it only started happening when her hubby changed the pull cord switch as cord had snapped. would you say possibly trapped cable or could the shower be burning out,

i aint even changed a shower before but kno wont be difficult, any input guys really appreciated before i go have a look.

What do you mean by "jumping"?

Anyway, if they have told you that they changed the pull cord switch that's the first place I'd look. Check the terminations of each wire, length and if any burning/melting/discoloured connections.

Edit, forgot to mention cable size and shower rating but you know that anyway.

Last edited:
aye i take it just water cutting out and starting again, you know me just trying get a little info before i say you need new shower....

when i turn on it works on the cold,but when i crank up the heat it looks like the power is cutting on and off aka jumping???

could well be low water pressure causing the shower to cut out. if there are no bad connections, it's got to be the plumber's fault.

well the misses is telling me leave it alone , you dont have a clue you clown, but anyway the upstairs flat was claiming there water pressure was low, so wonder did he nick some of mine,hmmmmm

all our road has that problem. whenever a tap is turned on the shower cuts out and goes cold. it's good fun when the missus is in the shower. fill kettle or flush the bog and she don't half yell.

What make of shower is it? i thought that most shower have a 'low water pressure' indicator.

Last edited:
If this was a house and not a flat you could always put a water tank in the loft just feeding the shower. Benefits are that you always have water pressure, it doesn't matter what other taps are running, in the event of a drought you've got a tank of drinking water or you can still have a shower. Down side you'll have to get a plumber in or have a go yourself.

you'll have to get a plumber in . ​now go and wash your mouth out with carbolic soap.

"redring" snakes are usually garter snakes.

Ipu, does this happen mainly in the mornings and early evenings? Neighbours turning on their own showers, washing machines, filling the sink to do the washing up etc. If its in a low water pressure area the shower will auto cut out if it gets below 1 bar of pressure (if I remember correctly). Tell the customer to make a note of the times it happens.

Reply to shower in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net