Discuss Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

thepurple1

Hi
I would like to fit a 10.5KW shower the mcb is 45Amps
doing a calculation 10.5KW @ 240V= 43.75A
10.5KW @ 230V = 45.65Amps would this be enough over current to cause nuisance tripping on a 45A breaker

from the OP, it seems like the MCB is already in place. i read it as a shower replacement . no mention of cable size though. installation method and length of run would determine whether a 6mm would do the job.

Hi
10.5KW @ 230V = 45.65Amps would this be enough over current to cause nuisance tripping on a 45A breaker

If it's 10.5KW at 240V then it isn't going to be 10.5KW at 230V is it?
I'd suggest you read the spec for the shower again.

Hi
What size cable have you got in? or what size are you intending to put in? Volt drop? Method of installation? Earthing arrangement? Main equipotential bonding? Rcd? Regarding energy saving will a 7.5 kw surfice?

they all surface. never seen a flush one yet.

Hi

Gotta say, and I'm sorry to have to put it so bluntly, but never before have I seen such a blatant display of 'fail', never in all my life! Lol

If the shower says 10.5kW at 240V, how on earth is it going to be 10.5kW at 230V???

I suspect given your profession that you're not a moron and that really this is just a brain fart of epic proportions on your part. Don't worry, we all have them, myself included. One thing I would say, in my experience, it always helps to go back to basics!

Ohms law is your friend!

What size cable have you got in? or what size are you intending to put in? Volt drop? Method of installation? Earthing arrangement? Main equipotential bonding? Rcd? Regarding energy saving will a 7.5 kw surfice?

Got a 6.9 at our place and its wicked man wicked.

Mind. We do have 6 bar of water pressure hahahahahahahahshahahahshsshshshh

Iapologicse in advance I am doingdry januar y but have the day off

Got a 6.9 at our place and its wicked man wicked.

Mind. We do have 6 bar of water pressure hahahahahahahahshahahahshsshshshh

Iapologicse in advance I am doingdry januar y but have the day off

You won't be laughing so much when you're having your hot passionate power shower with yers bird when I sneak round and kill your power.
That's while I've previously locked you in there.

Reply to Shower in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net