Discuss showers in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wannabesparky

i came across a shower fed from what looks like a 1.0mm flex going into a fused spur, is this a pump type shower? and what fuse should it have:confused:
and apart from the setup, how can you tell the difference between the showers?

The only thing like this i have met is one of those pod type showers with built in lights and radio etc. The water is heated either electrically from another source or more commonly from the gas central heating system.

The fused spur is just to provide power for the lights and radio, it should be on an RCD circuit or be a RCD fused spur, 3 amp fuse should suffice, but no more than 5 amp anyway......consult the manufacturers instruction as they say.

Regards..........H

sounds like a gravity feed power shower system usually wired on a fused spur max 3amp.
you have hot water from a normal cylinder which has to have a matching cold water feed from the hot water header tank for it to work .
the shower unit is just a fancy mixing tap with a built in booster pump hence the 3amp
elfyn

Reply to showers in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are renting and have a electric shower downstairs (extension) - a 9.5kW Triton T80Z fast-fit electric shower as well as a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock