Discuss Siemens S7-1200 prob in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with a Siemens S7-1200 PLC.
I have a customer with one of these PLCs controlling the temp of some tanks, he now wants to add an extra tank and we are doing the wiring / programming etc.
The customer has no drawings or the original project. :sick:

I have S7 basic TIA portal V11 SP1 installed on my lappy, I have created a new project and it has recognised the PLC and retrieved the configuration data etc.

My problem is when I try to upload the program blocks from the PLC to my laptop the software crashes and the transfer fails.

The original project was written in V10.5

Does anyone know of a way around this, other than installing and older portal version v10.5?

Thanks in advance

G

That shouldn’t stop the PLC->PC transfers. But defiantly worth a look at. Different program versions have caught me out in the past, but they are usually backwards compatible.

not used 1200 before but on s200 the comms lead has dip switches to select different baud rates for data transfer, might be worth a look?

Thanks all for your input

I have another s7-1200 which I have generated a project from scratch using v11 of the tia portal. This seems to work fine.

So i know the lead is ok. (plus its brand new)

Aparently v11 should be backwards compatable with 10.5

I will keep digging

G

I have had the same problem with a S300 controller. I rang siemens in germany and was told "it is a windows network driver fault" they pointed me to there website where you can download a patch. Its not good when your software crashes infront of a blue chip client :furious3:.

It's not the cable as it's just a standard ethernet cable.

My suspicion would be that the old PLC will be V1.0.x firmware and you are trying to set up for a different firmware in your project.
I have had many sleepless nights from firmware incompatibilities!!!
If you're still having problems, drop me a PM or email and i'll try to see if i can replicate it and solve it for you

Reply to Siemens S7-1200 prob in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net