Discuss sign off for a customer whos company has gone bust in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wiggly

Guys,
we have been asked by a customer that has had an install done but the company have went bust.
We have looked at the job at it meets all install criteria. we are aprehensive about the legals.
what implications would there be if we signed off.

regards
wiggly

check with your scheme, but I'd think it would be ok as a one off as long as they have a receipt from the original company as proof of ownership, and you were entirely happy with the state of the installation and commissioned it fully yourselves - I'd be up on the roof checking the workmanship carefully though.

Invoice was the part that was worring me the install is bang on labelled correctly. hooked up our seward and it all looks good, Couple paid a resonable price for system this was 6 weeks ago no paperwork, company now shut.

it baffles me that they'd shut up shop without doing the paperwork for this.

had they paid in full for the installation? We don't take our final payment until the paperwork is done, which should ensure that the paperwork always gets done no matter what, but I guess in this situation having paid in full might not be such a bad thing as they're defo the rightful owners.

IF they haven't got a receipt, I'd think something along the lines of the original contract + bank statements proving they'd paid the value on the contract in full, plus a letter explaining the situation should suffice - or possibly an actual handover certificate could do it, but I'd check with their FIT supplier first.

*shakes first at barking*

see what you've done to our industry you muppet

Wow back from a nice 4 week holiday to read about a company going bust, I'm thinking I should turn around and go back on holiday !

I would call your FIT provider and explain the situation, see what they suggest you've got almost a month to sort something out ! Surely common sense will prevail !

Enjoy

Surely there must be a provision in the MCS rules for this kind of thing.
If it's a Ltd company gone bust the liquidator should be able to provide written confirmation that the client has paid in full and is the rightful owner of the system

An installers commissioning certificate is adequate as proof of ownership, an invoice is not obligatory.

Hope that helps

MickF is spot on on that one, the GoodEnergy http://bit.ly/Good_Energy application form suggests that as one of the acceptable proofs of ownership

Reply to sign off for a customer whos company has gone bust in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net