Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Sign off private work in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sambuca2907

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all - I have heard an understanding - that to be able to sign off private work you need minimum:

2330 Level 2
2382 17th Exam
Part P Exam

I've heard that at the moment you don't NEED 2392 or 2391 to join some electrical bodies? Is this true??

Can anyone confirm exactly what qualifications you need to be able to fill out the testing "form 4" and sign off electrical work? Am confused by all this!

Thanks

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
how much is it to do the part p scheme? i'm not qualified yet but would like to be able to sign my own work off that i may do for friends and family... any way this can be done for free? :D (probably not, but worth a try lol)

D

DYCHE4230

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope. Cant be done for free as far as I know. You normally just need minimum 17th to join a competant persons scheme and obviously be competant, which normally means displaying this at an assessment with the body you chose to join..Annual fee normally about £450. bodys include elecsa, napit, niceic.

Alternatively inform your labc before you start a notifiable job, they'll want to look at first fix, 2nd fix and test results etc and charge you for the pleasure..

hope this helps

H

harvey

Hi All
Can anybody tell me what is needed to join a scheme only so many different ideas from people,
I have a full appreticeship gone back and done 17th and 2392 test and inspect do I still need to do Part P
cheers Harvey

scotsparky

-
Arms
Ok just read your threadand i am confused.
Got a scotvec RET part 1,2 (Long time ago up here in Gods Country City and guilds equivelent.)
2182-01 17th
2391-01 inspection & testing
working on 2391-02 (cant swear in forums but want to:mad:)

whats the 2392??

S

sambuca2907

Ok just read your threadand i am confused.
Got a scotvec RET part 1,2 (Long time ago up here in Gods Country City and guilds equivelent.)
2182-01 17th
2391-01 inspection & testing
working on 2391-02 (cant swear in forums but want to:mad:)

whats the 2392??
Pretty sure the 2392 is a scaled down - easier to obtain version of the 2391. But is focused more on new builds... as I think the 2391 is the complete package that does fault finding also... am I right?

G

Guest123

Yep.

The 2392 is a watered down version of the 2391 which enables you yo test your own work but not someone elses i.e periodics.

Cheers

K

kung

Yep fundimental principals of test/inspection its a new qual designed for people who want to test/insp work upto 100a more suited to domestic installers also if you dont have much test/inspect exp then this is a good stepping stone before the 2391-10.
Regards
Kung.

M

Mark2009

Hi all - I have heard an understanding - that to be able to sign off private work you need minimum:

2330 Level 2
2382 17th Exam
Part P Exam

I've heard that at the moment you don't NEED 2392 or 2391 to join some electrical bodies? Is this true??

Can anyone confirm exactly what qualifications you need to be able to fill out the testing "form 4" and sign off electrical work? Am confused by all this!

Thanks
Hi
There is two ways you can do this one is sign up with part p or get someone who has got part p to sign off two jobs you have done, 17th edition is not needed with part p ECA as its not a legal requirement and also you don't need to take part p exam.

If you are still learning then part p eca is your best move.

Thanks

Mark

S

Spudnik

Hi
There is two ways you can do this one is sign up with part p or get someone who has got part p to sign off two jobs you have done, 17th edition is not needed with part p ECA as its not a legal requirement and also you don't need to take part p exam.

Thanks

Mark
I dont think you will find a registered electrician willing to sign off someone elses work unless he has been there every step of the way, as Part P does not permit this.

17th Edition is not a legal requirement but Part P is.

You wont get one without the other.

Reply to Sign off private work in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom