Discuss signing off of work!!!?? PLEASE HELP in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

coxyboy

hello there

does any body know anyone that is part p registered and would be willing to sign off all work that i do?
obviously i would pay them for there services and would be prepared to meet up with them for a chat to discuss things. im based in the london / kent area

if anyone could help then that would be great. PM if that is easier for you

many thanks
COXY

To sign off work in part Pee you need to be the 1 who installed said work.
You could get the 3 part form where you take responsablity for the design and construction part.
But if you ve gone to all the trouble/Expense of passing said Part P, Testing some 1 else's work who isnt registered is taking work away from yourself.
LABC is your other option but at £250 a pop upwards!
And what your asking is a bit of a insult to be honest with you mate..

The only way it is possible, is for someone to shadow you the whole way through the job, so you will be looking at around £200/day for someone just watching you, and some more £££ on top to test and cert.

Any one that will do a back hander and is prepared to put their name on your job needs a kick up the backside.

If you are in the process of getting registered,per your previous post

Perhaps try and team up with someone who is registered, do the work together,you may have more success that way,someone short of work may take an interest then

thank you all for your comments

yes this is while im in the process of getting registered.
thanks des 56 that sounds like a good suggestion - how do you think the best way to find someone who is registered to team up with? any suggestions??

and to be fair i agree with the other posts coz once im a member of a scheme i wont be signing off any body elese work - so sorry if i offered anyone with my post but it wasnt meant that way

many thanks
COXY

If its to sign of your own work that you want for an assesment (so you dont have to pay LABC for your assesment pieces like change of consumer unit etc..) then generally it seems the assesors are quire realistic and will let you notify once you pass and are on a scheme. there are a few threads re this which may help you, search anything under assesment. good luck.

thank you all for your comments

yes this is while im in the process of getting registered.
thanks des 56 that sounds like a good suggestion - how do you think the best way to find someone who is registered to team up with? any suggestions??

and to be fair i agree with the other posts coz once im a member of a scheme i wont be signing off any body elese work - so sorry if i offered anyone with my post but it wasnt meant that way

many thanks
COXY

Local Authority Building Control - HOME

Use this link.type in your location,you will get lists of the registered in the various schemes

Normally when I'm asked this, I tell them no (obviously) and explain why. Then I offer to do a full periodic instead as being about as close an alternative.

What about others?

Any registered domestic installer who signs off other persons work risks losing his license and possible prosecution. Get qualified and registered yourself or STOP doing the work you are robbing all the legal guys out there

Reply to signing off of work!!!?? PLEASE HELP in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock