Discuss Signing off work in southern Ireland in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all and a happy new year, I have been asked by a familly member to carry out some domestic electricaL work, some new circuits and additions/alterations to existing over in Galway, Ireland. Does anyone now what the rules are regarding signing work off (if needed). Thanks :clover:

as you're non-registered here ,if the dno have to get involved for metering alterations,increase in capacity etc the work will need inspection,payment of fees,paperwork etc.

there's also something on the way to (try to)prohibit non-registered sparks working altogether-i don't know if it's up and running just yet
-RECI will be able to tell you

there's quite a differences in the wiring rules as well

as you're non-registered here ,if the dno have to get involved for metering alterations,increase in capacity etc the work will need inspection,payment of fees,paperwork etc.

there's also something on the way to (try to)prohibit non-registered sparks working altogether-i don't know if it's up and running just yet
-RECI will be able to tell you

there's quite a differences in the wiring rules as well

Any sparks signing off work will have to have a QC ( quality control ?? ) number issued by RECI or the other crowd, we have to keep going back to them for training on testing and inspections every couple of years......A rip off if you ask me...

PS Happy new year Dave ( sorry, and Colshaws too )

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Signing off work in southern Ireland in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net