• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Signing off your work in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatoX

Active EF Member
hey guys i just recently started a new job wiring up heating systems basically i strip out the old boiler and revolver supplys then the plumbers come in and fit the new boiler then i wire and fit a new thermostat and connect everything up at the existing boiler spur and fit a new CO2 alarm in the vicinity by stealing a supply from the nearest source

so basically what i want to know is what qualifications do i need to sign off my work i am 17th edition C&G working in scotland with a valid cscs card and i am thinking i need to be 2391 certified and issue a minor works certificate to sign off on my work by carrying out a IR test and a earth continuity test is this right??

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
you don't say if you work for yourself or for a firm. if you are self-employed then you are spot on with your npost. if you work for a firm, praps they have a 2391 qualified tester who can sign your work off.

malcolmsanford

Electrician's Arms
If you go to the ESC worksite they have a download of the scottish Regs regarding what is needed. In england all CH work is notifiable and therefore you either have to contact building control or be part of a part P registered person scheme.

BeatoX

Active EF Member
i'll check that out mate i know in scotland part p doesnt apply

telectrix i work for a company but as its mainly a heating systems company so i am the only spark on the job and it would also benefit me being able to do this

Last edited:

telectrix

Scouser and Proud.
Respected Member
Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
CCTV / Alarms
Solar Guru
Trainee Access
DIY
will your employer fund your 2391? if so, go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.