Discuss Single ph to 3 ph Ramp conversion. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

The spec of the inverter sounds about right, can’t tell without seeing the motor rating plate.

There are many ways this can be made to work but only a couple of ways to make this safe.
I doubt either of these companies will provide you with a wiring diagram of what you are describing.

Here is the motor plate , however the invertor is on its way , so hopefully having paid a lot of money and had a long discussion with the company, it should be good.

IMG_20190503_162306.jpg

Ok, so you have a 2.2kw motor
Not sure why they recommend a 4kw inverter especially as it is only for very intermittent duty.

I would have more likely specified a 2.2kw inverter.

Don’t forget that this will probably require a new enclosure, I doubt it will fit in the original.

I’m only guessing that , at the time, it’s said that most of the cheaper ones although they are rated at 2.2kw they would not cope with full load with a vehicle halfway up on the lift to put it up further unless you put it down to the bottom first.
I’m not sure about fitting it with present arrangement , I would have thought that it would be wired side by side ,
Or as I have proposed on a panel board opposite .

P.s. do not underestimate the complexity of programming a Siemens inverter.
Especially as this is a special application requiring sensorless vector and 200% overload.

It is far more complex than a standard voltage/frequency control.

Although in theory it can be done from the built in control panel, it makes life really tough.
Try to find someone local with experience with Siemens control systems.
They will have the software and programming cables to plug a laptop in to correctly set up and document the system.

Last line of spec.
Profibus communication
This is Siemens own communications protocol
I would be amazed if it is not one of there drives

Moving on a bit with the Inverter fully installed in a waterproof cabinet and the safety system wired through it to stall if any problems it has worked perfectly . Thanks for all your advice in the past.

Reply to Single ph to 3 ph Ramp conversion. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net