Discuss Single Phase Motor Reversing Direction in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Been thinking all the way home and I now get Luciens drift. The conductors we see one winding, the others below, swap the visible ones and it should reverse if it is tested as he says.

Good evening you sparky lot

I'm after some wiring advice on an old single phase motor for use on a lathe. Please see the attached pics. The tails have been removed for clarity. Live was connected to terminal B, neutral to AZ. Is it possible to reverse the direction of this type of motor without having to strip it down & swap the armature round?
Many thanks in advance
Steve A

View attachment 48647

View attachment 48648
Good evening you sparky lot

I'm after some wiring advice on an old single phase motor for use on a lathe. Please see the attached pics. The tails have been removed for clarity. Live was connected to terminal B, neutral to AZ. Is it possible to reverse the direction of this type of motor without having to strip it down & swap the armature round?
Many thanks in advance
Steve A

View attachment 48647

View attachment 48648

Reply to Single Phase Motor Reversing Direction in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi Can anyone tell me where to wire the active and neutral wires to in this single phase electric motor
Replies
Views
Hi, As a DIYer I`ve quite a bit of wiring up domestic house single phase experience but no 3 phase experience. So I have been offered a two post...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views
I posted a month ago regarding a single phase motor + panel I have been given to try and sort following water damage to the panel. The assembly...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I have 1 Siemens "1GG6164-0JH40-6VV5-Z" Model DC Motor. It works in 2 phases. What should I do to reverse the rotation direction...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock