Discuss Site cabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No it falls under general Regulations however the supply to it may fall under Section 704.

Hi westward I have read section 704.

Are you referring to external influences?

Taking into account already the requirements of section 1 to 6.

Because I have been asked to quote a supply to a cabin and is outside my usual type of work.

If I cannot fully understand the requirement then I will give this job a miss.
[automerge]1585485488[/automerge]
My understanding so far.

I can utilise a TNCS as means of earthing.

I have to determine if the cabin is a extraneous conductive part, they is water into the cabin and waste pipe but this is plastic.

The cabin comes pre wired and is RCD protected at the DB.

Last edited:
Maybe something in the "Health Safety and Welfare Regulations" not forgetting this is a temporary supply that also comes under the "Mobile Site" regulations.

Would it not be considered a prefabricated building or part of construction site? Its more likely to fall into the Scope, than Exclusions from the Scope
Section 704 states; This section does not apply to installations in administrative locations of construction sites (e.g. offices, cloakrooms, meeting rooms, canteens, restaurants, dormitories, toilets), where the general requirements of Parts 1 to 6 apply.

Section 704 states; This section does not apply to installations in administrative locations of construction sites (e.g. offices, cloakrooms, meeting rooms, canteens, restaurants, dormitories, toilets), where the general requirements of Parts 1 to 6 apply.

Cant remember what 704 is for? But surely other bits of BS7671 would apply.
[automerge]1585496978[/automerge]
I always TT the supply,in temporary conditions.
Why, generally interested.

Section 704 is for Construction and Demolition sites. Yes the general requirements of BS7671 apply to site cabins.

Mainly because of the problems of Sizing protective bonding conductors,relating to the Tncs earthing system.

I suspect the supply comes from the construction site hence it would be subject to Section 704.

Reply to Site cabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net