Discuss Size of Flex for 32A CEE / Comando Plug to 2 x 16A CEE / Comando Trailing Sockets in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matthewbutt

Hi Guys,

Firslty i'm new to the forums so hello and hope you're all doing well.

A quick question on the size of the HO7 flex I need to use for a splitter that will have a 32A Comando Plug on one end and two 16A Sockets on the other.

Would I be right in saying that each split will need 2.5mm as it would be a 16A load per side or would I need to use 4mm per split as the total load would be 32A?

I hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.

Matthew

Hi Mathew and welcome , theroetically the smallest size you could use is 4mm as this would cover the cable , having said that if the circuit is protected by a 32 amp MCB then it is possible to overload the 16 amp plug ,the perfect solution would be a 6mm flex into a splitter box that has 2 16amp MCB's each supplying a 16 amp socket and then from the MCB to the socket you could use 2.5 mm

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for getting back to me and I think I will go ahead and use an adaptable box with DIN Rail and two 16A MCB's with 6mm cable from the 32A plug and then two 2.5mm cables to each of the 16A sockets. Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated.

Matthew

Reply to Size of Flex for 32A CEE / Comando Plug to 2 x 16A CEE / Comando Trailing Sockets in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I Bought a 32A EV Charger, it comes with a CEE wall plug. I need to use it with a 60A range recepticle which I use to plug in my welder. So...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, new member here. I am a DJ/electronic music producer with basically zero experience in advanced electronics. I recently bought the...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Please can someone guide me i would really appreciate. Customer has 2 x Car lifters fitted i assume its 16a each, single phase...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock