uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Sizing mains tails in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Can anyone shed a bit of light on correct sizing of mains tails...
I am always let to believe that all cables need to be protected by the correct size fuse...
So i know in a domestic that 25mm2 is the minimum permitted cable CSA and can take 114 Amps.
What happens in a commercial building for example and has a 300A service head??, according to OSG the closest to match 300A is 95mm2 CSA and that can only take 284A.. What is the correct size to use?:)
Thanks in advance guys..

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would think that you have 100A per phase, so in which case 25mm tails and 16mm M.E. would be fine.

D

DanBrown

No, i actually meant 300A per phase

K

kung

Hi Dan
300a per phase is 35mm they will always fit these to anything from 100A to 300A and CT whole currant ! only time this changes is in some factories where they dont norm have meters they fit a small sub station near/next to building which is 400A and run 50mm into building for supply !
Regards
Kung.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest123

Personally I always use 70mm on a 400A supply.

K

kung

yes but we only use very small amounts compared to the millions of meters the DNO use so every little helps !
Regards
Kung

Reply to Sizing mains tails in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom