Discuss SJIB Testing Qualifications in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardwired

Active EF Member
A question for the Scottish Sparks on here does my SJIB Recognised 17th Edition Inspection & Testing (BS7671) 2009 allow me to test, inspect and sign off certification on an installation?

S

skyesparky

yes mate...but, in scotland we only have to prove competance (unlike down south where they have part p) to sign off work according to SBSA. but not all councils play by the rules. Edinburgh for instance insist on a nic or select member certs whilst i believe glasgow city council will accept certs providing you have a recognised apprentiship and 17th edition. Each council and even different inspectors have different requirements. I myself have svq level 3, 17th and select inspection and test and i send a copy of these along with certs and calibration cert to highland council and have never had an issue.

Steve

OP
H

Hardwired

Active EF Member
cheers m8 i was sure it was something like that, so its worth my while still getting my2391 then?

S

skyesparky

yes worth getting 2394 ( 2391 has been recently discontinued replaced by 2394 and 2395) 2394 is initial verification whilst 2395 is periodic. The other option is to do the SELECT quals but be aware there "watered down" versions of C and G and not really recognised outside scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk