Discuss Skills Assesment Australia in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am in the early stages of applying for my permanent residence visa for Australia, for this I have to get my skills assesed at the Downunder Centre in London. Has anybody been through this company and have the same assessment, if so any heads up and what sort of things are likely to come up. I have heard they're are some parts to draw out a DOL motor circuit. Not done much with motors so may need some advice.

Chris

Is it through the vetassess board do you know? I have the revision guide i used while doing the skills assessment in 2013. If you send me your email address I can forward it on. It's ---- easy the test, more a money racket than anything.

Hi Chris, how did you get on with your skills assessment? I am also going through this process soon as part of my Oz Visa application. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Craig.

Hi Chris, how did you get on with your skills assessment? I am also going through this process soon as part of my Oz Visa application. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Craig.

Hi mate I've not yet been in for my skills assesment the visa process got put on hold for a couple of months, but cracking back on with it now. A lot of paper work invloved as you might know. I know a friend who did his not so long ago and they said the assesors were very helpful. I will keep you updated. I am hoping to put in for it in the upcoming weeks. How are you getting along?

I am doing my English proficiency test in April and looking at completing the skills assessment towards the end of this year. I'm planning on applying for the Visa around this time next year as we have planned to emigrate around Dec 2018. We are saving to pay for it all so all the money we get from selling our house can be taken with us.

Are you using a migration agent? And where abouts are you looking to move to? We have settled on Perth, possibly Joondalup as I know someone that lives there.

Hi mate I have used an agent ian harrop they've been quite helpful so I am.also dealing with the downunder centre for my skills assesment. Theyre currently marking all my paper I've sent off references/payslips/certs etc.... What a pain getting all that stuff is. Especially the amount of people ive worked for over the years. Been self employed for the majority. Hopefully have my assesment beginning of June.
I will be going to Sydney lived out there for a few years on a working holiday visa worked as a sparky so I have a few contacts lined up already. My friend lives in jundaloop he moved there about 10 years ago he loves it.
They're certainly a few hoops to.jimp through to gain the full license out there.

The Real Pain is when your here... has anyone run through the process of gaining the A class licence? If not give me a shout I'll run through a few things you will need to do.. PS think of what your doing now as the easy part.

That's filled me with hope... what sort of -------- do they have you doing out there and how much is it gunna cost me more importantly:coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

The Real Pain is when your here... has anyone run through the process of gaining the A class licence? If not give me a shout I'll run through a few things you will need to do.. PS think of what your doing now as the easy part.

It's not an easy procedure to get a license I must admit.

I done the Tafe training when I was in Oz to get my Nsw license. It's like a condensed apprenticeship in 6 months at night classes.

Then once you complete the classes you can sit the Capstone assessment.

Then after that you have to have 1 years wiring experience in As3000. What a joke!!

Yeh i have heard you need to log so many hours, the mad thing is I worked over there in NSW Sydney for a couple of years 2013/2014 but wasn't actually classed as "Licensed" by Australian standards but from I could see from most sites, the majority of Aussies I worked with were hopeless. The vast majority of sites usually had the English and Irish lads on there. I was based mainly in and around Sydney.

Reply to Skills Assesment Australia in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock