Discuss Skills4trade? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dean43

Hello folks,having just signed up for an electrical installer course with trade4skills which will be costing £4000,im very worried as ive seen some posts saying they are a scam so i did some digging and to my horror they are not city n guilds certificated which they said they were.
I want to cancel this asap but not sure how ill go about it.....any help would be appreciated,thanks,Deano.....

have you paid them anything yet

agree, cancel it.always check out courses at your local college first. you know they are legit.

Paid £100 registration fee and will be paying 35 monthly payments of 110,the first payment is due on the 15th of this month,sending out a letter to trade4skills cancelling the course plus letter to finance company saying same.both will be recorded delivery,then need to send back course materials,again this will be recorded delivery,then ask bank to cancel direct debit.....hope it works,will keep you informed,thanks again ...deano

get you £100 back before you return anything. don't ask the bank, tell them. personal visit and letter to manager. don't rely on a phone call.

If you bank on the internet you can cancel your DD that way. Then phone them or whoever they are and tell them you opened your eyes and saw what a pikey outfit they are ;)

Train 4 trade skills or trade skills 4 u? Can't find Skills4trade mate
They are called train4tradeskills sorry about the confusion,my head is all over the place with worry regarding this company.....any feedback on them would be great,thanks deano.....

Hi I signed up with Train 4 Trade skills last Sunday ?? I think after reading these reveiws I will be cancelling aswell !! Have you managed to cancel the course yourself or are they being difficult ?
Ian

Hi I signed up with Train 4 Trade skills last Sunday ?? I think after reading these reveiws I will be cancelling aswell !! Have you managed to cancel the course yourself or are they being difficult ?
Ian

Having a nightmare trying to cancel,sent out cancellation letter to them plus the finance company by recorded delivery,said i would send all course work when they sent me back my reg fee.
They have sent out 2 letters generally saying i cant cancel when i never got a cancel letter from them which is in the small print.
They are complete c...s......they have taken first installment of 110 when i told the bank not to let them so the bank is just as difficult as the company when it comes to cancelling the diredt debit.......keep you posted in what happens next.....good luck....

Hello Dean. Go into the bank itself and tell them you want to do an "indemnity claim" on the direct debit that you have already paid. This is a little bit of a loop hole that banks don't like to advertise. If you claim before 15:00 they have to put the funds back into your account before the end of that working day. I know this because I used to work at a big insurance company (big red telephone) in the accounts section. Do this and there is nothing that company can do about it.

Hello Dean. Go into the bank itself and tell them you want to do an "indemnity claim" on the direct debit that you have already paid. This is a little bit of a loop hole that banks don't like to advertise. If you claim before 15:00 they have to put the funds back into your account before the end of that working day. I know this because I used to work at a big insurance company (big red telephone) in the accounts section. Do this and there is nothing that company can do about it.
The problem i have is that the finance agreement is in my girlfriends account and they are not budging so far.
i have payed 100 reg fee and they took out 110 for the first installment in october,im now waiting to see if they take out novembers when we have asked bank 3times to cancel direct debit...should i go in on the day the direct debit is taken off which will be the 18th nov before 3pm and ask for the indemnity claim?thanks for the advice,much appreciated....Deano.....

Reply to Skills4trade? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock