Discuss Sky+, Digital TV, CCTV.. Over 20 outputs, Recommendations? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

I want to send sky+, digital TV and CCTV to over 20 outputs, any recommendation on any units capable of doing this? And allowing me use magic eye to control sky reciever... Seen all the "loft box" and labgear units but they don't have enough outputs

Local prisons only need the weather channel set to China...

I want to send sky+, digital TV and CCTV to over 20 outputs, any recommendation on any units capable of doing this? And allowing me use magic eye to control sky reciever... Seen all the "loft box" and labgear units but they don't have enough outputs

Are you saying that you want to send the three different signals to over 20 different displays? If so, you'll need a matrix switcher, I have a feeling you can get hold of 4 x 24 matrix switchers, but for this sort of tech your talking thousands and in some cases tens of thousands. Additionally, you'll need a control system for this such as AMX or Control4 and it needs to be programmed. For this sort of work you're talking £20-£30k minimum total cost.

I think the largest 'off the shelf' matrix switchers that don't need control systems and can utilise either magic eye or pass through are 8 x 8 and would set you back maybe a grand or so.

Ideally any 'off the shelf' switch would utilise baluns or HDBaseT to run video signals over Cat6.

This sounds like a big old job you got on!

Edit: This is what I would use; http://www.amx.com/products/AVS-ENOVADGX32-ENC.asp utilising both DXLink twisted pair inputs and outputs as this unit has an integrated controller and for that unit you're looking at the very least £16,000!

Last edited:
Maybe this isn't going to happen then, what if I only had full control over 8 outputs using the standard loft box, then any remaining outputs were just distributing the picture only with no control over sky

Last edited by a moderator:
You could do that and split the signals to the other outputs, so essentially doubling up on the outputs controlling 2 at once. Not the best solution but probably the most cost effective.

Reply to Sky+, Digital TV, CCTV.. Over 20 outputs, Recommendations? in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock