Discuss Sky dish split in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hey all I've not done much satellite work and want to find out if always need a say quad or onto LNB to feed out from dish to multiple sky+ digiboxes or is there a way such as an antiference style digiamp that you leave in loft and then connect say one shotgun coax to from the dish and drop to each point in different rooms for quadplexer plates etc with data ethernet and tel modules etc.. and possibly use magic eyes etc.. any help or link to get info or books to learn more would be handy. Thanks

Thanks Lee, spot on as usual so last time I used an amplifier I think ? called remotelink 280 or something ? should I use a multiswitch instead and a quad lnb ?
When doing communal sky on blocks of flats or big houses I use a multiswitch and quad plates so can just run a twin to each position and can send the sat and tv down the same cable.

Ah fair enough, just doing a full rewire on a large house and thinking while I'm at it I'll sort her Sky etc.. Got new shotgun from loft to lounge and an old super thin sky agents crap shotgun coming into loft from mini dish so thinking if I get quad lnb and a multiswitch and then take all four from dish to multiswitch and perhaps a shotgun to 2 of the bedrooms too that would allow sky + in all 3 rooms selected wouldn't it ? doubt she'll want a tv aerial added and then wouldn't you need an extra single say WF100 to carry down the tv signal to a europlate module separately ?

81IWAgEs0iL._SL1500_.jpg This any good ? not too pricey.

Yeah that's fine mate. If you just want sky + at each position then 2 twin WF100s from dish/lnb to multi switch then twin WF100 to each position.

If the customer wanted TV for freeview then connect the aerial to the multi switch. No need for an extra coax to each position as both signals go down the same shotgun. Install a quad module in the euro plate. The quad module decombines the signals and seperates them between tv and satellite. The same for radio if you had a radio aerial all you would need to do is connect the radio aerial to the multiswitch. The quad module/decombiner does the rest for you. Installing a multiswitch for multiple satellite points - http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/multiswitches.htm

Last edited:
Yeah that's fine mate. If you just want sky + at each position then 2 twin WF100s from dish/lnb to multi switch then twin WF100 to each position.

If the customer wanted TV for freeview then connect the aerial to the multi switch. No need for an extra coax to each position as both signals go down the same shotgun. Install a quad module in the euro plate. The quad module decombines the signals and seperates them between tv and satellite. The same for radio if you had a radio aerial all you would need to do is connect the radio aerial to the multiswitch. The quad module/decombiner does the rest for you. Installing a multiswitch for multiple satellite points - http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/multiswitches.htm
Nice one that all makes sense then, pretty easy really.

Nice one that all makes sense then, pretty easy really.
Right Lee it's me again :blush:, just tried my Ideal X3 crimp tool & only got RG6 F connectors with it ! No good, so supplier gives me this Cablecon non ratchet version instead but the F' plugs with it don't seem to crimp on anywhere near tight enough to the 100 coax on van. I have no idea what size the dies should be at and these have a Webro label on box stuck over the Cablecon one saying for crimping 100/125/165 so should've been sweet. But on tool & Cablecon label underneath they are marked .360" & .475" ? I'm taking it this transfers to a weird larger size cable / plug end ? Any ideas..

Reply to Sky dish split in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock