Discuss Sky/Virgin install in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SEC-Tom

Hello lads.

Just purchased my first property and looking to rewire it in most places and hopefully looking to mount the tvs on the wall. Have just done a big install on a house and I see the Sky/Virgin boxes are in the media rack in the plant room. How could I do this so I could have my boxe/s under the stairs. Would I need to speak to Sky/Virgin to see if it's possible. I was intending on running 2 x cat6 and 3 x coax from each television to under the stairs maybe a little overkill but better to be safe as once it's wired it can't be changed.

Are there any other cables you would recommend installing? And what sort of kit would I need for all this to work, TV eyes? Patch panels? Special connectors? Any help would be much appreciated sorry if it's a little hard to understand.

Many thanks.

not a 100% sure of wht im saying but get a ddu box under stairs , then run main sky able to it then back out to eah tv.. not sure if im right but sure somone will help you.. think its a matter of extending the scart... gl

what i think you need todo is speak to sky engineer, as you will be doing the work for him but the way you want it.. and dont patch up till he's finsihed

If you want sky multi room then you'll need sat cable to each box. An alternative would be to connect the various kit up to a matrix switching system and use the cat5/6 to pipe that to each room, either directly or using the newer hdmi over ip kit that's around now (less cabling than direct matrix switches). The latter gets a bit pricey though and if you have more than one sky box (for example) at the matrix switch end then it gets difficult to control (as the remote's signal is common to both boxes).

Reply to Sky/Virgin install in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net