Discuss Slim ceiling downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

akis_t

DIY
Reaction score
Hello, could anyone please suggest slim ceiling downlights to be used instead of ordinary LED/Halogen downlights? Our ceiling is about 24mm thickness but we do not want to go deeper than that, ie we do not want to have to worry about ceiling joists and noggins. Many thanks.

Slimmest I’ve come across Enlite Slim-Fit Fixed Round LED Downlight 780lm 12W 100-240V - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/enlite-slim-fit-fixed-round-led-downlight-780lm-12w-100-240v/8595P?tc=RA2&ds_kid=92700055281954481&ds_rl=1249401&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIopH2gqqx6gIVKoBQBh3MlwfGEAQYASABEgJdifD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Not sure about installing direct onto a joist though?

David Savery does a video on YouTube installing a downlight with magnets to avoid joists. Worth a watch and will mean you can have a much more easy on the eye standard type fitting.

Reply to Slim ceiling downlights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, We changed plans with lighting in one zone. Now instead of 4 downlights (square shape of 1400mm side) we want a chandelier. Since...
Replies
Views
This weekend at Electrical2Go we are offering the Ansell Prism pro (APRIP/1) for just £6.95 ex VAT ! These are one of our best-selling...
Replies
Views
I have two downlights in my hall with MR16 bulbs. These are now leds, obviously in the past they were halogens. The fittings are really old and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Getting the utility room redone at this project house and the misses is absolutely adamant she wants downlights. Couple of reasons for...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock