Discuss SMA 4000TL unstable in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simbob

Have followed this forum for a long time and used it to gain confidence in getting PV system which was fitted in Sept 2011.I have a SMA 4000TL with 16 sharp 250 panels
Over the past couple of weeks have noticed that when broken cloud/sunny conditions my OWL monitor will drop to 0 for 3 minutes when sun bright and then start producing again but if power ramps up quickly it will go back to 0.
Have checked that sunny explorer shows the same so not the monitor at fault.
Grid voltage shows as 245 - 249 volts and no error messages. When no cloud ,system produces well , max of 24.4KWh one day.
Does not seem to be having a great effect on daily figures at the moment but I am curious as I would think that MPP tracker should act fast enough to control output.

We had a similar issue with a 4000TL. Is the inverter set to G83? Page 44 of the installation guide explains what is required. Sometimes the inverters are delivered with no country settings specified so you have to do this manually.

Reply to SMA 4000TL unstable in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, To avoid too techy questions, i am the consumer not he installer. I have raised the issue with my installer who is researching it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views
Hello- I have a recent solar panel installation at my home in Rio de Janeiro Brazil. Specs: 9.6kWp, 24x 400W panels (Canadian Solar), 8.2kW...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guys, Does anyone have experience of successfully setting up Sunny Portal monitoring via SMA Web Connect and TP Links? We install mostly SMA...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All Over the weekend we have a comunication board go down on the inverter (4000TL), we have fitted loads of these and this is the first time we...
Replies
Views
ian81
I

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock