Discuss sma optitrac update on an HF in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

poheZ

Hi

Just received the right.bin file for the optirac software for a 2500hf. Rather bizarrely the email mentions i must have at least 1kw of dc power to enable the update to go through otherwise i may damage the inverter?!

Has anyone who has done this experienced this or been told this? This is the first time i have been told this and the 1kw of power is not mentioned in their sd update manual

that's odd. I agree that you need to have enough DC power available to enable the inverter to initialise fully after the update, but 1kW sounds a bit like they're just trying to give themselves plenty of margin for error to avoid people starting the process near the end of the day without realising how long it might take.

How do you install this update? i installed a sMA 2000HF in FEB, so will they benifit from me returning to install this update?

that's odd. I agree that you need to have enough DC power available to enable the inverter to initialise fully after the update, but 1kW sounds a bit like they're just trying to give themselves plenty of margin for error to avoid people starting the process near the end of the day without realising how long it might take.
Yes, that is what i thought. However, there is nothing mentioned about this in the manual.

Infinity
I am not sure what HFs have optitrac as a factpry set, but this particular one did not and it has a bit of shading. Of course the uk SMA helpline gave me the wrong .update file. I can email it over to you if you pm. I keep a 2gb sd card for such upgrades on me in my fluffy pencil case!

Yes, that is what i thought. However, there is nothing mentioned about this in the manual.

Infinity
I am not sure what HFs have optitrac as a factpry set, but this particular one did not and it has a bit of shading. Of course the uk SMA helpline gave me the wrong .update file. I can email it over to you if you pm. I keep a 2gb sd card for such upgrades on me in my fluffy pencil case!

my SMA 3000HF came with it, but wasnt preset with it to use

Reply to sma optitrac update on an HF in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock