Discuss SMA & Phono Solar vs Sunlink & Aurora in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

Zipp

Hello,

I am in the process of getting quotes for a home installation The two I have narrowed it down to (i.e. cheapest, but maybe not necessarily best!) are:

A: 16 x 240W Phono Solar monocrystalline panels and an SMA 4000TL inverter

B: 16 X 240W Sunlink Maximum Power Polycrystalline panels and an Aurora PVI-3.8-I-OUTD inverter

Option A is about £500 more expensive (haven’t haggled yet) at just under £12000

How can I determine which would be the better performing option please? Installation would be on a south facing roof on the South East coast.

Also, I was told that the Aurora inverters had an advantage over the SunnyBoy as they could have their activation voltage set as low as 120V Would this still produce a useable output? I assume that the voltage developed by panels rises fairly quickly as light increases so the amount of time a lower activation voltage would be useful at sunrise and sunset would be minimal?

With thanks for any advice and contributions.

Many thanks for that.
We are in Hailsham, East Sussex.

The Phono Solar panels are the [FONT=Tahoma,Bold][FONT=Tahoma,Bold] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Bold][FONT=Tahoma,Bold]PS240M-20/U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma,Bold][FONT=Tahoma,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to SMA & Phono Solar vs Sunlink & Aurora in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello Is it possible for solar panel monitoring to over state the actual power generated by the system? My friend’s 6.4kW system has generated...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be nice! I used to install solar PV systems back when the tariffs were still good, and I've never had to go...
Replies
Views
M
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I am a sparky whom has been largely out of the trade for 20 years, with the exception of the odd little job for...
Replies
Views
F
A few weeks ago, I had my solar panels remove from my roof and then replaced. Sadly, on removal, one panel was warped and on letting the fixing...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All, thanks for taking the time to read this!! I'm currently trying to decide on a solar PV system to get installed on my house. I've a...
Replies
Views
macca499
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock