Discuss SMA Sunny Boy Earth fault / Water penetration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

VMan

Afternoon all,
Just thought i would share my afternoon with you all.
so i have 2 x SMA Sunnyboy 1200 inveters both situated outside next to each other(IP rated of course), when i noticed an earth fault today.

Following the manual, i tested the string, + to PE and - to PE, both 0 Volts

So went onto page 59 - testing the varisitor inside.

When I started to loosen the lid of the inverter, a shed load of water came out of the inverter!!

The inverter has never been opened before since receiving it from the wholesaler!!

Ended up drying the inside of the inverter and there you have it, earth fault fixed!

Just a heads up for you all.

V.:banghead:

Yea it IP65, i opened the second inverter to check that, and no water at all!

It's normal for a Sunny Boy 1200 to be opened up somewhere between leaving the factory and being commissioned in order to set the language to English on the DIP switches. Sounds like whoever did it didn't put the lid back properly.

Reply to SMA Sunny Boy Earth fault / Water penetration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock