Discuss Small Battery Screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keith915

Anybody use 3.6v/7.2/9.6v screwdrivers? I've seen the 10.8v makita/Bosch things but they seem a little large and heavy to fit in my snickers pouch pockets.

I'm after something that'll do inch + 1/2 screws down to 3.5mm plate screws.

Is the 7.2v makita drill driver still the one to beat? The non variable trigger puts me off a little.

Thanks, Keith.

I've got a Bosch one its a small battery handheld thing, but to be fair i can do the screws up quicker manually so i dont use it, but it was half price at £15 last year and comes with 30 million drive bits, flatbits, sockets and a kitchen sink, so it was worth it just for them. I did have a go with one of those small battery impact drivers, brilliant for smashing surface pattresses with:eek:, so wont use that again either

Cheers........Howard

I've read some reviews of smaller (sub 10v) screwdrivers and the general concensus seems to be they're not powerful enough to actually drive screws.
My mate used to use a cheapo challenge driver (about a fiver from Argos) for 3.5mm screws because it wasn't powerful enough to shear them.

10.8 volt Makita. Its as light as the old skool dewalt 7.2 volt jobbie and you get a holster with it so dion't need to put it in your snickers pocket. Paid about 70 quid delivered

Thanks guys for the responses. Got to say I'm sold on the makita 10.8v jobby with the carry pouch. Cheapest i've found is £100 odd quid though?!

Where you find one for £70 Amp David?

Reply to Small Battery Screwdriver in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

G
Im looking for a small drill/driver for within £100. Ive seen a few bosch and makitas but am wondering whats best. Any suggestions?
Replies
Views
Mighty Chum
M
Hi, I know this has been discussed many times on here, but am about to buy one and don't really know which to be honest. At present I have a...
Replies
Views
Looking to replace my Bosch (green) which I've been perfectly happy with, except the Ni-Cad batteries don't last long. Orange shed are selling a...
Replies
Views
sparkyninja
S
Batteries on my 18v Bosch are in need of replacing, and the prices are a joke - you can get a new drill and two batteries for less than the cost...
Replies
Views
P
I have for sale a Bosch 36v lithium compact sds drill, its has 3 small batteries and 1 big battery, can take pictures tomorow £250 I have makita...
Replies
Views
pauljpickering8
P

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock