Discuss Small cctv camera with HDR that I can view on iphone in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

egginyourface

Good evening all,

Im looking for a easy to fit cctv with HDR system that I can view on my iphone whilst I'm out. I only need one small free standing camera that will be set up on my window seal to keep an eye on anyone approaching my garden.

I've searched the internet and considered baby monitor camera as it's perfect size but getting bad reviews and unable to record.

advice would be appreciated

I have just installed a swann system for a commercial customer. Very good quality, good range of cameras available, good technical support, basically a plug and play system, ability to view on apple devices and PC.

Be careful about what ip camera's you install.

The security on most is terrible, there was a talk at defcon or maybe blackhat about it.

The guy had a live demo where he broke through the security and replaced the live feed with a picture

Not to bothered about security of cameras as probably have to pay lots more for top system.

jus need a camera to keep an eye on the van when I'm away and keep an eye on movement in the garden

First of all, most of these cameras are low resolution, and placing on you window sill is going to add more problems with glare...!! If you trying to gather evidence, then without time and date stamping, you are just wasting money. Fit a high resolution external camera, with dvr (ip if really wanted) and job done

Thanks, I've never really liked the idea of fitting cctv camera outside on the wall. Makes a place look like they have something to hide...

Reason I'm looking for something inconspicuous is because I saw one in someone's house and it did the job. Wish I asked where they got it from

Reply to Small cctv camera with HDR that I can view on iphone in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net